The main differences of Cassia cinnamon and Ceylon cinnamon
Among many cinnamon species, Cassia cinnamon and Ceylon cinnamon are the most popular ones. What are the main differences between each type? Let’s discover the comprehensive facts of these two types in the article below.
Cassia cinnamon and Ceylon cinnamon: An general overview
Before making the comparison between Cassia cinnamon and Ceylon cinnamon, the general overview of their origins and main market is a must.
Cassia cinnamon and Ceylon cinnamon: The origion
- Cassia is mostly farmed and produced in Indonesia, China, and Vietnam. When comparing cassia and ceylon cinnamon, cassia cinnamon is indeed the best seller on the market today due to the huge cultivation area and suitable weather conditions.
- Ceylon cinnamon comes mostly from Sri Lanka and is soft, somewhat sweet, and dark brown in color. In the battle of Ceylon cinnamon and Cassia cinnamon, Ceylon cinnamon is more costly and harder to come by than other cinnamon varieties. Ceylon cinnamon contains less coumarin, a chemical that, in big doses, can be damaging to the liver.
Cassia cinnamon and Ceylon cinnamon: The main markets
Indonesia, Vietnam, China, and Sri Lanka are the four major selling markets for Cassia versus Ceylon cinnamon.
- Indonesia, Vietnam, and China are the main Cassia cinnamon exporters.
- Sri Lanka produces the largest quantity of Ceylon cinnamon in the world.
The largest exporter of cinnamon is China, followed by Vietnam, Indonesia, and Sri Lanka. When comparing Cassia cinnamon with Ceylon cinnamon, the former one is still a popular choice.
The comparison of Cassia cinnamon and Ceylon cinnamon in features
It is undeniable that both Cassia cinnamon and Ceylon cinnamon have their own pros and cons. This section below will help you to dig deeper into the advantages and disadvantages of these two cinnamon types.
Cassia cinnamon and Ceylon cinnamon: Advantages
When used appropriately, both cassia cinnamon and ceylon cinnamon provide health advantages for humans.
- Cinnamon has long been touted as good for blood sugar regulation, which is critical for diabetics. Cassia cinnamon is usually taken in doses of 1–6 grams per day. At this suggested dosage, neither detrimental consequences nor side effects appear.
- According to research published in the journal Clinical Nutrition in 2020, both cassia and ceylon cinnamon can aid weight reduction. Overweight people who took 2 grams of cinnamon every day for 12 weeks lost body fat and had their waist circumference reduced.
Cassia cinnamon and Ceylon cinnamon: Disadvantages
Though cinnamon provides health advantages, too much of it might have negative consequences:
- Excessive coumarin may create circulatory issues in the blood. Both cassia and ceylon cinnamon shouldn’t be used as a replacement or supplement for medical therapy for any illness.
- Functional foods have the potential to affect one’s health. Nevertheless, since these two types are not regulated by FDA, purity, cleanliness, and effectiveness may be compromised. Users should get medical advice before consuming cassia and ceylon cinnamon.
Top reliable suppliers of Cassia cinnamon and Ceylon cinnamon
If you have trouble in finding reliable Cassia cinnamon suppliers and the Ceylon cinnamon providers, here are the recommendations for you. This list is diverse in nations, which are the biggest cinnamon producers in the world.
K-Agriculture Factory – top Cassia cinnamon supplier in Vietnam
K-Agriculture is the one of the leading suppliers of VIETNAMESE CINNAMON. With the experience of 25-year development and the strong assistance from the government, K-Agriculture always ensures the best cinnamon quality at the most decent cost. Between Cassia cinnamon and Ceylon cinnamon, if you are looking for trading Cassia cinnamon, this company is the ideal option for you.
Phone: +84 855 555 837 (Whatsapp Available)
New Lanka Cinnamon (Pvt) Ltd – leading Ceylon cinnamon supplier from Sri Lanka
New Lak Cinnamon Company is the leading Ceylon cinnamon supplier from one of the world’s biggest producers, Sri Lanka. The strong foundation since 1980 allows New Lak to develop and broaden the network with many international buyers from various countries in the world. Besides, this company owns the large capacity up to 1000 metric tons per year and the professional boards. All of these are the big pluses of any cinnamon company, regardless of Cassia cinnamon companies or Ceylon cinnamon ones.
Cassia Co-op – reliable Indonesian provider of Cassia cinnamon
Cassia Co-op is located in Indonesia, the world’s largest cinnamon producer. This company offers a large supply of Cassia cinnamon with premium quality and original flavor. If you are looking for the suppliers of Cassia cinnamon and Ceylon cinnamon, do not ignore this supplier.
In a summary, this article has highlighted the main differences of Cassia cinnamon and Ceylon cinnamon by distingugisgh the pros and cons of each type. Hopefully, this article is helpful for you in the journey looking for reliable cinnamon suppliers.